A range of fact sheets, written specifically for not for profit organisations are now available on the ATO. Covering a range of topics including fundraising, GST, income tax exemptions, fringe benefits and Australian business numbers the fact sheets will help organisations ensure they are complying with their obligations under tax law.
Fact sheets answer the following questions:
- How do you enter the Register of Environmental Organisations?
- Does your organisation have to pay income tax?
- How does capital gains tax apply to not for profit organisations?
- How does the GST apply to motor vehicle trade ins?
- How do you claim a refund if TFN amounts are withheld?