On Friday, the ACNC’s 2017–18 Annual Report was tabled in Parliament. This document details the ACNC’s work over the last financial year, highlighting the successes of the organisation during a period of substantial change and transition.
Some of the ACNC’s notable achievements in 2017–18 include:
- A $3 million IT upgrade project that resulted in the launch of a new and improved ACNC website, Charity Portal and Charity Register in October 2018
- Red tape reduction agreements that benefit 9,000 charities in Victoria and New South Wales
- 900,000 searches of the Charity Register, representing a 19% increase on the previous year
- A 65% increase in investigations, resulting in 22 revocations of charity registration
- More compliance agreements, enforceable undertakings, and directions than in any previous year
- Reduced call wait times, with calls answered on average within 38 seconds — a significant improvement from 62 seconds in 2016–17
- 2,832 charities registered, with 98% of registration applications being finalised within 15 days of receiving all the information required to make a decision
- Over $20.6 billion in revenue and $9.2 billion in assets corrected on the Charity Register after charities were contacted to correct identified errors.
To view he report in full, click here.