With the release of the federal budget this week there are several changes that may have repercussions for nfp organisations. We have summarised them as follows:
- University fees â€“ from 2016 universities will be able to set their own fees
- Hospitals and private schools â€“ states to receive $80 billion less than promised by the previous government
- Overseas aid â€“ cut by $7.6 billion
- Healthcare â€“ 61 Medicare locals will be replaced by a smaller number of new primary health networks
- NDIS â€“ no change to NDIS funding
- Education – private and catholic schools who take in more than 50 indigenous boarders from remote communities will be eligible for additional funding
- Unions â€“ an additional $53.3 million will be provided for the Royal Commission into the unions.
- Medical research â€“ establishment of a $20 billion research fund
To see ACOSS’s budget review, please visit here.