The 2019 Australian Communities Trends Report was presented at the 2019 Australian Communities Forum in Sydney on February 8.
- 5 in 6 Australians give to Charity with $143 billion being given last year
- 40% of Australians are more likely to give if they are responding to a need on a once off
- 38% of Australians are more likely to support charities that directly assist in responding to an issue (not raising awareness)
- 61% of Australians prefer to support charities with a local/national focus
- Two thirds of Australian givers (66%) have also donated goods, while one in three (33%) have volunteered
- Having trust in an organisation and believing in their cause is a significant potential giving factor for Australians
- 7 in 10 givers believe transparent reporting of administration costs is the most important characteristic of a charity
- Older Australians tend to support traditional charities, while younger generations (Gen Z and Gen Y) see the value of both traditional charities and social enterprises
For more details about the report click here.
To see the report infographic click here.